Request a Quote
RV Insurance in Connecticut
If you own an RV, insurance is necessary because many people use it as a home and a vehicle. Even so, traveling in your RV alone means you should obtain insurance. We provide coverage for various types of RVs such as travel trailers and motorhomes here at Trahan Insurance Agency LLC in Griswold, CT. Our coverage is designed to protect your investment while you are on the road and parked at a campground.
RV Insurance Requirements
RV insurance is legally required in Connecticut. Motorhomes are required to carry at least liability insurance with the following minimum limits:
- Bodily injury coverage for $20,000 for each person
- Bodily injury coverage for $40,000 for each accident
- Property damage coverage for $10,000 for each accident
If you finance your RV, your lender may also require you to obtain comprehensive or collision.
RV Insurance Coverage
Here’s what’s included when you obtain an RV insurance policy:
- Collision- If you get into an accident in your RV with another vehicle, this will cover the costs of repairing or replacing your RV.
- Comprehensive- If your RV gets damaged by theft, vandalism, storms, or an object, this will cover the costs of repairing or replacing your RV.
- Medical payments- If you are injured following an accident in your RV, this will cover your medical payments for both you and your passengers.
- Roadside assistance- If your RV breaks down, or you run out of gas while traveling, this will cover you.
- Uninsured/underinsured- If you are hit by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured, and they are at fault, this will cover you in addition to any medical payments or lost wages.
- Vacation liability- If you are parked at a campsite and cause property damage or injure another person, this will protect you.
We Are Here To Help
To obtain a quote for RV insurance, give us a call here at Trahan Insurance Agency LLC. We are located in Griswold, CT.